Shep Hyken sits down with Dr. Bob Baker. They discussed his new book The Performance Of Medicine, how Bob relates his experiences as a magician and doctor to customer service, and how to optimize the customer/patient experience. There is a lot that anyone and any business can learn from Dr. Bob!
1. Listening and observing – Listen to what the other person is saying and respond with your full attention. At that moment, be the best version of yourself that you can be.
2. Being in the moment – You want your customer to think that you’re only there for them at that moment. Being present in the moment is the only part of the interaction that you have complete control over. The way you maintain that is by…
3. Staying in character – The character you have to play is the best version of yourself. That character is different than who you are at home or in social settings.
4. Act as if – If you act in a certain way, you will feel it, then you will become it. Act like there is no place that you’d rather be than with that customer.
1. Owning their mistake
2. Explaining the mistake to the victim family
3. Explaining what steps the hospital will take to prevent it from happening again
4. Offering some form of compensation
Dr. Bob Baker is a retired gastroenterologist. Before medicine, he performed as a professional magician and ventriloquist. He even was a contestant on America’s Got Talent. His experiences in both medicine and performance gave him the knowledge and wisdom that he shared in his book, The Performance Of Medicine.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
Sign up for instant access to Shep’s research report on customer service and customer experience.
"*" indicates required fields
© 2023 Shepard Presentations, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Legal Information | Sitemap | Site by: digitalONDA
Legal Information | Sitemap Legap
Site by: digitalONDA