Creating A Customer Experience Initiative
Owning Your Customer Service Initiative From the Top Down
Shep Hyken sits down with Christa Heibel to discuss the role the c-suite level plays in creating a CX strategy, how to keep track of your omnichannel presence, and how to measure and improve your customer experience strategy.
- Christa says she has yet to find a successful customer service initiative that didn’t involve the C-suite level. It starts with the leadership defining and driving the customer experience initiative and permeates through the entire organization.
- Christa defines customer experience as any touchpoint between a brand, message, or logo and the consumer all the way through the sales, service, and support process.
- One of the biggest consumer demands is turn around time. How quickly you respond to emails, answer phone calls, and ship products are all part of the customer experience.
- You’ll see significant improvement and change to your customer experience initiative when the C-Suite gets involved from the beginning by creating priority, strategy, communication, expectations, and budget.
- Your customer experience initiative is an ongoing process that must be measured and refined over time.
- Omnichannel means offering the consumer their preferred channels and methods to communicate with your company. Customers expect companies they do business with to support communication through multiple channels.
It’s the C-suites job to drive, initiate, and own the customer experience initiative within an organization.” – Christa Heibel
“The entire organization is in charge of delivering the customer experience.” – Christa Heibel
“Figure out where your customers prefer to be and make sure that you’re there.” – Christa Heibel
“We used to set what the service levels were going to be. Now the consumer sets the expectations across every channel.” – Christa Heibel
Christa Heibel is the founder of CH Consulting Group, a firm that helps organizations execute and implement contact center and customer experience strategies. For the last 25 years, Christa has dominated the contact center as an influencer and C-suite business growth and strategy expert.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- Who should be in charge of delivering the customer experience?
- How does the C-Suite create a strategy?
- How do you budget for customer experience?
- How do you track and measure your CX initiative?
- Can you easily keep track of all of your channels?