Back to Human
How Great Leaders Create Connection In The Age of Isolation
Shep Hyken sits down with Dan Schawbel to discuss how to use technology as a bridge to a strong customer and employee connection.
- We are addicted and reliant on technology, so much that it gets in the way of building real human connections. Human connections matter.
- Use technology to remove tedious tasks you don’t want to do, and let it lead you to places you can connect in a human way.
- If you’re in a business meeting or networking event, put your technology away and be present with the people you’re with.
- Customer service operations are increasingly reliant on technology to scale, save money and remove human error. This is a big mistake because the human touch will always be important, regardless of what technology does.
- 85% of the global workforce is disengaged. To engage your employees, create an experience where they do meaningful work with people who are supportive of them.
- Consumers want options to connect with you and flexibility with how they interact with your company. You have to meet them where they are and how they want to interact with you. It’s less about you and more about them, their choices and how they want to do business.
- You must be empathetic towards what customers and employees are going through. People are suffering and are challenged in many ways that you may not physically see.
“Let technology be a bridge to human connection instead of a barrier.” – Dan Schawbel
“If you’re in a business meeting or networking event, put your technology away and be present with the people you’re with.” – Dan Schawbel
“The human touch will always be important regardless of what technology does.” – Dan Schawbel
Dan Schawbel is the research director of Future Workplace and managing partner of Millennial Branding. He’s also a keynote speaker and NYT bestselling author. His new book is Back To Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection In The Age Of Isolation.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- Are companies too reliant on technology?
- How can companies use technology to create a real human connection?
- How can you connect with your employees and customers?
- Why should you show more empathy for your employees?