Grow Sales, Revenue, and Customer Loyalty While Improving the Customer Experience
How can you create a better online support experience for your customers?
Shep Hyken is joined by Jamie Edwards, Kayako’s co-founder and chief operating officer, all the way from London, to discuss the importance of live chat and how it can improve the customer service experience.
- Live chat can boost customer loyalty – customers are more likely to stay with or become a repeat customer if a company offers live chat support.
- Chatbots are with computers and live chats are with people. When using a chatbot, customers can get a response instantly, yet chatbots are not good enough to replace actual people for anything complex.
- With Kayako, the live chat conversation is always ongoing – you can start a conversation, step away from it, and you’ll be able to pick up the conversation right where you left off.
- For some businesses, around-the-clock live chat staffing may not be practical – or even expected. For “off hours,” include a message providing business hours, frequently asked questions, and assuring a representative will get back to the customer soon.
“You can’t get more personal than having a one-on-one conversation in real time with a customer service agent or support rep.” – Jamie Edwards
“It drives people completely insane when a chatbot gets things wrong – it’s the worst form of customer service.” – Jamie Edwards
“Customer service engineering needs to be the top priority.” – Jamie Edwards
Jamie Edwards is the co-founder and chief operating officer of Kayako, a service helping companies improve their customer service.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- What is the best way to get into contact with a company?
- Where does live chat fit into customer service?
- Are chat bots helpful in communicating with customers?
- What’s the difference between chatbots and live chat?
- How do live chats benefit both companies and customers?
- How can companies staff for live chats?