Artificial Intelligence Combined with Human Intelligence; the Future of Business Transformation
What can you do to help create an effortless customer experience?
Shep Hyken sits down with Jim Iyoob, the Chief Customer Officer at E-Tech Global Services, to discuss the balance between AI and human interaction and how to deliver a convenient and effortless customer experience.
- In the past, companies owned the narrative and customers had little control. With social media and various omni-channels, the control has transferred to the consumer. Companies like Apple, GoDaddy, and Amazon understand this simple fact and use it to their advantage to gain market share and win customer loyalty.
- 89% of customers will stop doing business with you if they have a poor customer service experience. 86% of buyers will pay for a better customer experience.
- Throughout history, nothing has changed in customer service from the standpoint that the goal has always been for the customer to walk away saying, “That was a good experience, I’m going to come back.” What has changed is the technology that allows us to offer a different level of service that is faster, more convenient, effortless, and easy.
- Jim warns companies against buying technology that makes things easier for themselves without taking into consideration the effect it will have on customers and the agents delivering the experience.
“AI without human intelligence can become disastrous.” – Jim Iyoob
“If you want to lead in the market, deliver a world-class customer experience.” – Jim Iyoob
Jim Iyoob is Chief Customer Officer at E-Tech Global Services and the author of Delivering Customer Service That Matters.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- What makes a great customer experience?
- What’s the difference between convenient and effortless?
- What’s one question customers ask themselves before choosing to do business with you?
- How can customer service bring you more repeat business?
- Can artificial and human intelligence be used together to improve customer service?
- How do I best use A.I. in customer service?