A Social CRM
Growing Your Business by Growing Your Soul
Shep Hyken interviews Jon Ferrara. They discuss his company Nimble, the history of CRMs, customer service philosophies, and life.
In Shep’s Opening Monologue…
He considers the balance between the digital and the human experience in customer service.
The Interview with Jon Ferrara:
- Jon Ferrara created GoldMine, the pioneer CRM program, by synthesizing existing technologies at the time. His goal was to make it easy for companies to manage not only their customers, but their team collaboration and relationships.
- Previously, less than 1% of companies used CRMs because they focused more on reporting data rather than the relationships between employees and customers.
- Good customer service begins from the inside; employees need to be unified in their mission to enhance the customer’s journey.
- CRM’s help you create positive personal connections, which can only have a positive affect your business.
- Ask yourself how you can add value to every interaction you have with a customer or an employee, even if it’s as simple as a smile. That attention and focus will help grow your business and fulfill you personally.
“We grow by helping other people grow.” – Jon Ferrara
“A brand is built on the promises you make and the experience that you deliver. People don’t buy great products, they buy better versions of themselves.” – Jon Ferrara
“Service is the new sales.” – Jon Ferrara
“When it comes to relationships, people connect on the five Fs of life: family, friends, food, fun, and fellowship.” – Jon Ferrara
“Life is like a Beethoven symphony. There’s high and there’s low notes, and you have to accept both.” – Jon Ferrara
Jon Ferrara is the founder and CEO of Nimble and a CRM expert, having created and co-founded GoldMine. He is also a technology entrepreneur and noted speaker about Social Sales and Marketing.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How can companies best utilize digital customer service technologies?
- What is the history of CRM software?
- What are some philosophies behind customer service?
- How does the customer experience start from the inside out?
- How does emotion affect the success of a business?