Murph Krajewski Shares Keys to Creating Better Customer Support Experiences
Do your customer facing employees have everything they need to do their jobs properly?
Shep Hyken interviews Murph Krajewski, VP at Sharpen, a cloud based service company that strives to create better agent experiences in support centers by merging technologies and relationships.
Shep and Murph Krajewski discuss how Sharpen started by wanting to fix the root problem in customer service. Murph explains that the problem starts with the customer service agent’s experience. They discuss how the needs of an agent (both technological and human) must be met to allow that agent to be in a position to properly serve the customer, and Murph shares numerous examples.
In this whitepaper, “Exposing the True Cost of Legacy Contact Center Software” Sharpen gets real about the true impact it can have for your operations, agent satisfaction, and customer service. (Link: www.SharpenCX.com/ABR)
- A person in distress can’t help anyone. Murph explains that if you don’t give the people on the front line, the tools (training/technology), they can’t give your customers the best experience possible.
- Don’t get stuck in the past. New technologies should be embraced. As older technologies fade away new technologies are created and then new standards are set. When the original iPhone came out ten years ago, it was nothing short of amazing. But, today hardly anyone is using an original iPhone, which many consider to be an antique piece of technology. We’ve moved on to faster and updated versions like an iPhone 7 or iPhone 8.
- Create a better experience for your support or front-line staff. Customer service jobs are one of the lowest rated jobs in the country; due to the hours, the pay, the stress levels, etc. These employees shouldn’t be undervalued and underpaid, they are responsible for making your most important asset – your customers – happy.
- 92% of customers say that an agent’s mood effects their experience. That is a tough statistic to ignore. A business must figure out how to improve the agent’s experience to be as good as, if not better, than their customer’s experience. Customer service is, after all, a service job. You need to create a service culture, and embrace those team members who need and want to serve, which is all of your front line and support center agents.
Murph Krajewski is VP of Marketing at Sharpen, a cloud based contact center platform. He’s been in the contact center industry for nearly 20 years, in a variety of roles. These days Murph is focused on creating better experiences for contact center agents. He believes this will make for happier customers, and could one day change the world.
“Companies are using the job function of a contact center agent, which has very low job satisfaction, to try to make their most important asset – their customers – happy.” – Murph Krajewski
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How do you make a customer service agent experience better?
- How does an agent impact the customer’s experience?
- How can I create better customer experiences?
- What has the biggest impact on customer satisfaction?
- How can I create better support agents?