Subscribing to the Customer Relationship to Win in Business
Shep Hyken interviews Patrick Campbell. They discuss subscription models, company culture, hiring right, and becoming “customer-obsessed.”
In Shep’s opening monologue, he talks about innovative ways to use a subscription model to enhance your business.
The Interview with Patrick Campbell:
- Any and every company should consider implementing a subscription model. It brings the relationship with the customer to the forefront and ties it directly to company profit, which has been the trend since the beginning of business.
- Subscription is the future of business regardless of industry. It creates more convenience for your customers and generates a steady source of income for your business.
- Companies who nurture and prioritize their relationships with their customers are more likely to succeed and win in business. Companies need to build a culture that is “customer-obsessed.”
- The two major factors in success are hiring and culture. Culture begins with good hiring; everyone needs to be on the same page so that culture can permeate through the whole business. What’s felt by employees on the inside of a business will be felt by customers on the outside.
- It can be difficult to hire the right people, but you must prioritize this. Seek employees who are “obsessed with the pursuit of truth.” This means they will be less arrogant, more driven, and more open-minded—all important qualities that will spell out success for your business.
- Having a relationship with your customers gives you a competitive edge. It grants you a better understanding of what customers want, what they need, and what they value. In an increasingly competitive environment, this can either make or break your company; more often than not, “whoever gets closest to the customer wins.”
“Hiring and culture are the things that make or break your company.” – Patrick Campbell
“Your company becomes the product more so than the actual thing you’re selling.” – Patrick Campbell
“Whoever gets closest to the customer wins.” – Patrick Campbell
Patrick Campbell is the co-founder and CEO of ProfitWell (formerly Price Intelligently). Previously, he has worked at Strategic Initiatives, Google, BridgeBright, and the United States Department of Defense.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How do I hire the right people?
- How do I create a culture that is “customer-obsessed?”
- How can I set my business apart?
- How can I use a subscription model?
- Why is subscription so important?