Know Your Customers. Understand Your Customers. Keep Your Customers.
Shep Hyken Interviews Shannon Bell, Head of Product Management and Strategy at Amdocs
How are you using Artificial Intelligence to better understand your customers?
Shep Hyken interviews Shannon Bell, digital intelligence expert, discussing the importance of integrating AI into business and how it benefits the customers and the company long-term.
- Customers crave personalization. Who are they? What do they like? Can you suggest something to them? Stats show that customers buy more when the sale is personalized. It’s the ethical upsale.
- In this day and age, generic promotions should no longer exist. Make sure you don’t give everyone the same blanket promotions. Create specific promotions based on the personal preferences of your customers, this not only can create an upsell, but customer loyalty.
- Bots won’t understand 100% of everything. It’s critical that the transition from bot to human is seamless when this happens.
- AI is best used to handle the generic queries. Within call centers, the questions that are asked most frequently are best answered by bots. These are the simple interactions. For the more complicated situations, this is where a human steps in.
- The goal within AI is to get to a point where every interaction can be handled through digital channels. Then it becomes up to the company to decide which interactions get handled by humans and which by non-humans.
- Know the customer. Understand the customer. Don’t recommend the wrong items.
Shannon Bell leads product management, strategy, and go-to market for Amdocs’ digital, intelligence, and BSS portfolio as part of Amdocs Technology.
“Jobs will change due to AI. But I don’t think it’s a mass elimination of jobs.” – Shannon Bell
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How can I personalize customers’ sales?
- Why is personalization so important to customers?
- Will AI replace humans?
- How can I better understand my customers?
- Why do I need to be using AI?