Culture, Commitment, and Taking Care of Customers
Shep Hyken interviews Todd Hopkins. They discuss how having a company-wide culture can lead to better customer service and success for your business.
In Shep’s Opening Monologue…
He talks about what you should do with customer feedback once you get it.
The Interview with Todd Hopkins:
- Core values can work as a filter to influence every decision you and your employees make. When faced with a difficult situation, employees can think about the core values and compare them to possible courses of action to determine what will best uphold the company’s values.
- When a company has a set of core values, the entire organization can align itself together. This allows employees to create a better experience for their customers.
- To motivate your employees, find out what their dreams and goals are. Help them connect the dots between those dreams and job they have with you, and passion and motivation will follow naturally. Integrate that human connection and you will create loyal, hardworking employees.
- Establish an upfront agreement with both employees and customers that allows for future feedback free from emotion. This helps customers feel comfortable submitting feedback and allows you to have honest conversations with your employees to fix problems without worrying about hurt feelings. The more honest communication you can have inside and outside of your organization, the better.
- Aim to be better than satisfactory on a consistent basis. That’s how you create amazing experiences, both for your customers and for your employees.
“I like to hire people that come to us with batteries included.” – Todd Hopkins
“Connect the dots between the dreams your employees are trying to accomplish and the job they have with you. That contributes to their motivation.” – Todd Hopkins
“If we want to take good care of our customers, we have to take good care of our employees.” – Todd Hopkins
“People don’t want to be average. They really want to be amazing.” – Todd Hopkins
Todd Hopkins is the founder and CEO of Office Pride Commercial Cleaning Services, which has over 130 franchise locations in 24 states. He is also the internationally best-selling author and co-author of four books.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- What is a culture book?
- What should I do with customer feedback?
- How do I hire the right people for my company?
- How can I get more customer feedback?
- How can I motivate my employees?