Gadi Shamia Discusses the Latest Trends in Customer Service and How to Create a Better Experience
How can you use technology to create a better experience for your customers?
Shep Hyken interviews Gadi Shamia, COO of Talkdesk, about how you can improve your customer service.
Shep Hyken’s opening comments discuss the company Talkdesk, their upcoming roadshow, and how to improve your customers’ experiences.
Shep Hyken interviews Gadi Shamia, COO of Talkdesk, about how you can improve your customer service. The interview begins with Gadi sharing some background on himself and Talkdesk, a cloud based contact center platform that connects their support team to their customers. Gadi gives us the backstory on Talkdesk and shares some examples on how Talkdesk has improved upon existing technology to create a simpler cloud solution for support agents. That leads to a fascinating conversation about how technology has impacted customer service, and what tools and solutions you can use to make for a better customer experience.
- Make it easier for the customer. You need to ensure what you’re doing impacts the customer in a positive way. Provide self-service options for your customers.
- Empower your team. – Using current technologies, we have the power to make customer information available to our teams to allowing them to assist the customer the best way they can.
- Knowledge is power! We can’t teach empathy, but we can provide agents with more information so they can be empowered to understand the customer’s issue from the start.
- Don’t deflect calls. If a customer is calling, take advantage of the opportunity to resolve the customer’s issue yourself. Do not send a customer to a website or a self-service option. Nowadays most customers only call when self-service options have already failed them, whether they couldn’t find the solution or they couldn’t understand the self-help option. This is your opportunity to connect with the customer and build a relationship.
- Spend less on marketing and more on customer service. Once you get a customer through the door you can do a lot to retain them, which is much more cost effective than trying to always focus on new customers.
Gadi Shamia is the Chief Operating Officer at Talkdesk, the world’s leading call center software start-up. Gadi has had much success throughout his career working for such great companies such as Adobe, SAP, and Reach Local – just to name a few.
“(Today most people use self-service options first) So, when you call customer service you don’t do it because you have to, you do it because self-service failed you.” – Gadi Shamia
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How do I empower my team?
- How do I create better customer service experiences?
- Should I have my phone system deflect calls to self-service options?
- How important are self-service solutions?
- Should I spend money on marketing or customer service?
- What technology is there to help with customer experience?