Mikhail Naumov Discusses How AI is a Tool for Customer Service, Not a Replacement
There seems to be a lot of talk about artificial intelligence lately, but what do we really know about it? Is it anything like what we see in the movies, like computers taking over the world, or is it something else entirely?
Mikhail Naumov shares in-depth what AI is and what it can do for companies when it is properly partnered with human interaction.
Shep talks to Mikhail about artificial intelligence, and how it can be a tool for customer service employees. Mikhail shares with listeners the benefits, and value that using AI can bring to every type of company. At his company, DigitalGenius, the main focus is tying AI to customer support.
- AI is best used when it is teamed up with real people – the combination is better than the sum of its parts.
- Some companies want AI to be used for everything, but successful companies use it to focus on one thing, one function. In the case of DigitalGenius, that one focus point is customer support.
- AI is a tool for customer service representatives, in the same way that a calculator is a tool.
- AI does not eliminate the customer’s interaction with a human customer service representative; rather it adds to it, fueling the knowledge behind the agent.
- When done properly, the integration of AI and human interaction is so seamless that the customer is completely unaware of its existence.
- AI can range in capability, depending on the size of the company using it. It can do more for bigger companies, but that doesn’t mean smaller companies can’t join the AI revolution.
- AI isn’t magic. It is simple mathematics based on history. The machine learns and understands based on past interactions with customers, and then knows what information to deliver that is most useful and helpful.
Mikhail Naumov is the Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of DigitalGenius, a venture backed artificial intelligence company focused on transforming customer service and brand communications. He is the leading voice in the Human+AI movement, which focuses on the seamless interaction of human and machine intelligence in business applications and everyday life. Mikhail was recognized as Forbes’ 30 Under 30 for Enterprise Technology. He is passionate about bringing emerging technologies to life.
“AI in and of itself is not a solution. AI is a technology that enables product people and companies to build products that can solve problems and can help people solve problems.” – Mikhail Naumov
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How can I use AI for my company?
- What is my company’s main focus?
- Do the employees at my company have all the tools they need to be as efficient as possible?
- Is AI going to get rid of jobs?
- Is AI going to replace humans?
- What is the best way to use AI?
- What are different ways I can use AI?