The Culture of Caring
Creating an Unforgettable Customer Experience Every Time
Shep Hyken interviews Claire Boscq-Scott. They discuss the importance of a workplace culture of caring and how it can positively impact the customer experience.
Shep’s Opening Monologue
In Shep’s opening monologue, he elaborates upon the idea of amazing your employees so that they, in turn, can amaze your customers.
The Interview with Claire Boscq-Scott:
- Every employee needs to understand their role as it applies to the customer experience, even if they have no direct contact with the customer.
- What is felt on the inside of a company by its employees will be felt on the outside by its customers–that’s why it is crucial to create and foster a culture of caring.
- Claire starts the relationship with her clients with a company audit that addresses three important issues:
1. The first thing to examine is the work environment. Claire audits the environment and implements changes to make it more pleasant to both workers and customers. If the environment is pleasing and inviting, then employees will want to come to work and customers will want to spend money.
2. The second area of focus is your employees. They need to understand the entire map of the customer journey and how they fit into the bigger picture of the customer experience. If they feel that their company cares about them, they will be more loyal and their performance will be better.
3. The third thing is, of course, the customers themselves. The goal is to create a positive, unforgettable customer experience every single time.
- Being too focused on results can sacrifice the caring aspect of your business. This will ultimately prove detrimental to the customer experience and to your business.
“If we look after the employees’ journey, then we can look after the customers’ journey.” – Claire Boscq-Scott
“If you care about how people, both employees and customers, are feeling, they’re going to care about you and your business.” – Claire Boscq-Scott
“If there are no customers, there’s no business!” – Claire Boscq-Scott
“Everything we do in life is about relationships.” – Claire Boscq-Scott
Claire Boscq Scott is a speaker, trainer, “coachsultant,” self-described “busy queen bee,” and author of the recent book Thriving by Caring.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How do you create an unforgettable customer experience every time?
- What is the culture of caring?
- How can a business amaze its employees?
- How does the work environment affect the customer experience?
- How do employees who never interact with the customer still affect the customer experience?