Matt Peterson Shares Tips on Delivering Amazing Service
How would you like to know how to set yourself apart from the rest of your industry?
Shep Hyken interviews Matt Peterson, CMO and co-founder of Jive Communications, a worldwide cloud based communication company that offers VoIP, video conferencing, and contact center support.
Shep begins the interview by talking to Matt about NPS (Net Promoter Score) and he made that an important focus in his company. Matt explains why he feels NPS is the right method for his company, and how it helped Jive elevate their service above the rest of their industry.
- Measure your customer satisfaction. Matt knows the important of measurement, especially in the area of service and satisfaction. He also emphasizes how important it is to make a satisfaction score an important part of the company’s culture and mentality.
- Don’t automate customer care. There are certain things that you can automate but you shouldn’t dehumanize the experience. You should use automated intelligence properly and allow for a smooth natural transition to a human when the automated support can no longer handle the issue properly.
- Communicate the way your customers want to communicate. You don’t need to be everywhere, but you need to know where and how your customers want to communicate with you, whether it’s via social media, email, chat, etc. Customers should be able to communicate with you however is most convenient and comfortable.
- Get out of the “Ivory Tower.” You need to stay connected to your customers, so get out there meet with them. Get their opinions and feedback. You won’t be able to do that if you never leave your office.
Matt Peterson is Co-founder and CMO of Jive Communications, one of the highest-rated communications companies. Matt is responsible for designing the marketing strategies and processes that drive Jive’s growth, it’s obvious he cares about his customers.
“Everyone (at Jive) is a customer service agent. If you see a problem it is your responsibility to fix it.” – Matt Peterson
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How can I use Net Promotor Score (NPS) to increase my customer satisfaction?
- How can I improve my customer loyalty?
- What can I do to create better customer service?
- How can NPS help my business?
- How can I set myself apart from my competition?