Leveraging Customer Data In Real Time
Focusing on Business Intelligence and Customer Experience
Shep Hyken sits down with Scott Walker, the CEO of ethosIQ,and discuss three levels of customer optimization, finding the correct customer service metrics to focus on, and why companies should give back to their communities.
- Customers don’t mind staying on the phone longer if it means getting their problem solved on the first interaction. This means that metrics like “average handle time” or “time to resolution” can be misleading.
- There are three levels where a company may be at in their roadmap to customer optimization.
- Intermediate/Operations focused
- You can’t guarantee you’re going to keep your best people forever. However, by doing your best to take care of them, and giving them the opportunity to do what they love to do, they will do what it takes to engage with the customer on a higher level.
- When call centers capture and share customer data across their organization in real time, they can leverage this data for the greater good of the company, which can help drive higher profits.
- “You can easily tell whether or not a company’s leadership cares. All you have to do is look at the employee attrition rate.” – Scott Walker
- “If you do what you like and you like what you do, it’s not work. If you’re doing it with people that you love and appreciate, they become family.” – Scott Walker
- “Instead of just focusing on meeting your monthly sales numbers, try focusing on customer retention. Doing this will have a huge impact on your shareholder value.” – Scott Walker
- “If all you focus on is reducing labor costs and network expenses, then you probably won’t have a high NPS or customer satisfaction.” – Scott Walker
Scott Walker is the CEO of ethosIQ. Before founding ethosIQ in 2009, he worked with companies like Apple, Microsoft, Ticketmaster, and Nike. His passion is a non-profit he started, Orphans To Executives, which provides much-needed mentorship to orphans.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- What is “time to resolution,” and is it important?
- How can you increase customer satisfaction by making data-driven decisions?
- What’s the difference between being customer focused and operations focused?
- How can you keep and motivate your best employees?
- Does giving back increase customer loyalty?