Shep Hyken Interviews Skip Cohen on How to Handle Angry Customers
How well do you deal with angry and complaining customers?
Shep Hyken talks with Skip Cohen about the best ways to solve problems and deal with unhappy customers.
- When you empathize with an unhappy customer, this immediately lets them know that you are there to help and they feel valued. Tell them you understand their frustration and let them know that you would feel the same way if you were in their shoes. Then, let them know the problem stops here, that you are here to resolve it.
- Three keys to offering a great customer service experience:
- Fast response times – How fast is fast enough? As soon as you come into contact with the customer you should respond. So, as soon as you see that email or as soon as you listen to the voicemail, that is when you get back to them.
- Have the solution – Be equipped to solve the problems and resolve the complaints you are getting.
- Listen – When you listen to the customer and really hear them out, you get a clearer picture of where they are at and exactly what they need.
- Don’t be afraid to hear what is wrong with your company. It’s in the complaints that you are given the great opportunity for change and innovation.
Skip Cohen is co-host of the webcast Mind Your Own Business and is the founder of SkipCohenUniversity, considered one of the fastest growing educational sites in professional photography. He is the co-author of six books on photography.
“Let the customer know, ‘The buck stops here! I’m here to solve your problem.” – Skip Cohen
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- How should I handle unhappy customers?
- How quickly should I respond to my customers?
- What should I do when a customer complains?
- How do I resolve customer complaints?
- How do I handle angry customers?
- How do I handle complaining customers?